Slow Cooker Beef Ragu with Pappardelle – easy comfort food.
Slow Cooker Beef Ragu With Pappardelle Recipe
Slow Cooker Beef Rαgu with Pαppαrdelle – eαsy comfort food.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves smashed slightly
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak cut against the grain into 4 pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 (28 ounccan crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 16 ounces pappardelle pasta
- Parmesan ricotta, and parsley for topping
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden and lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Season the beef with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Pour the tomatoes and broth over the beef and add the garlic from step one, carrots, bay leaves, and thyme.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 8 to 10 hours. Discard the herbs and shred the beef in the pot using 2 forks.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, return to the pot, and add the sauce from the slow cooker. Increase the heat to high and cook, stirring, until the pasta and sauce are combined, about 1 minute.
- Divide among 8 bowls and top each with Parmesan, ricotta, and parsley. Serve hot!